Wanted: Creative Front-End Web Developer
We’re looking for an experienced creative front-end web developer to join our dynamic team of makers and marketers in Glasgow’s West End. You’ll join our growing front-end development team, working in close collaboration with our design team and back-end web developers to bring design concepts to life, from initial ideas right through to exciting interactive online user experiences for some of Scotland’s biggest brands.
Key Skills / Experience
- At least 2 years development experience in an agency environment or similar
- Completely at home building responsive, front-end websites with clean, compliant HTML5 and CSS3 (SCSS preferred)
- A strong portfolio of digital projects – primarily for the web
- Adobe CC: Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (top marks if you have some familiarity with Illustrator, AfterEffects etc too!)
- Familiarity with building for a web-based content management system or two - Wordpress, Umbraco, Shopify etc
- Ability to deliver polished experiences and clean, well-structured code to tight deadlines
- Out-of-the-box thinker – keen to express original ideas and convey them objectively with the wider team
- A collaborative approach – a real team player
- Excellent communication skills.
- A genuine passion for design and digital – a keen follower of shifting trends in both digital and the wider design landscape
- + Brownie points if you have some informal visual/UX design experience to bring to the table
We're one of Scotland’s leading digital agencies with an exciting range of client relationships across the UK and beyond, and a reputation for going above and beyond in every project.
You’ll join a diverse team of personalities across strategy, design, development and marketing in a collaborative working environment, where everyone can contribute their ideas and unique perspective.
Alongside the opportunity to create exciting work for great brands, benefits include:
🌲 Spacious, open-plan office overlooking the river and Kelvingrove Park
🚇 2 minutes from Kelvinbridge Subway station
🍻 Regular company lunches and after-work drinks
🎷 Esoteric music policy
💸 Company pension
👩⚕️ BUPA health insurance
🏓 Nightly ping pong battles
* Please note: In line with Government advice and to ensure the safety of our colleagues we are all currently working from home, so you'll have to wait until it is safe for us to return to the studio before enjoying some of the above benefits.
If you think you have the skills and passion we’re looking for, email [email protected] with your CV and a link to your portfolio.