Online brand positioning for a local & national audience
As with all relationships, we kicked off with Brand Discovery to grasp the brand values & vision to ensure these attributes were woven through this new online presence.
For PMR, the established brand values centred on: ‘risk taking & bold’, ‘radical and challenging’, ‘democratic & open’, ‘socially sustainable’, ‘relevant & unique’.
With PMR’s brand identity already in place, our designers grasped the positioning & meaning to ensure that the striking red and black from the cinquefoils of Paisley’s crest and circular motif, representative pf traditional weaving patterns flow naturally through the user interface designs.
Knowing PMR’s most important users & how to convert them to funders
Our visitor persona brand & archetype exercise guarantees a human-focused UX approach and confirmed the following groupings:
- General interpretative audience: families with children, early year’s children, formal learning, young people & sensory impaired groups - looking for a learning experience, which is engaging, inspiring & accessible
- High Net worth individuals: who do not make large financial investments without thorough due diligence
- Trusts & Foundations: who collaboratively decided whether to approve a funding application
All user groups were recognised through the ‘Everyman’ archetype with their sense of belonging & connection to others. A further common thread was the need for all to feel complete confidence that their donation has gone to a charity who will use their money to deliver something of tangible benefit.
Key selling messages to resonate & inspire
With the online value proposition and visitor archetypes down, our usability experts could get to work on key selling messaging to capture the attention & imagination of potential donors –
- We developed a series of rallying calls to those with a love of culture, art, learning & community engagement - to help PMR Breathe new life into Paisley Museum, allowing it to showcase its extraordinary world class collection in new & exciting ways
- Set the connection between funders’ ability to help redevelop the tired underperforming building, the creation of an innovative community hub, which will reinvigorate Paisley’s town centre for local buddies & visitors
- Underpinning this is an assurance to audiences that PMR will allocate all funds transparently & effectively
User-focused UX & journeys
- During the design and UX phases, it was recognised as central to conversions to take users on a journey: from the town’s past to its future, enabling users to buy into the project and ultimately make a donation to the campaign as well as offering the opportunity to show many amazing pieces of art to promote the story of the town and the importance of the museum
- We worked collaboratively with PMR’s 8-strong stakeholder group on a visually impactful website which present Paisley’s past, present and future and serving as a platform for the Museum planning and redevelopment updates
WordPress website management - driving engagement & donations
- Renfrewshire Council who manage the Museum and funding project stipulated that the site was to be built on the WordPress Open Source platform, in line with their other sites -
- WordPress allows our team complete flexibility from a design, UX and build perspective - meaning we could work collaboratively with PMR on a rich, image-led design aligned to their striking branding - as well as plan and implement the custom integration with their Donation CRM platform: eTapestry
Third party integration to process online donations
- With donations a key conversion driver, our WordPress experts had to factor in integration with PMR’s chosen CRM system, eTapestry from the start to handle one-off and regular donations as well as streamlining communications, and donor data into one fundraising and CRM solution
- Our team developed a custom integration which meant information was supplied directly from the website to the CRM platform, supporting a seamless user journey, maximising donation conversions and reducing admin overheads
- eTapestry also helps PMR cultivate lifelong relationships and raise more money with analytics-driven insight into supporters’ financial, demographic, behavioural, and lifestyle characteristics
“It was a pleasure to work with the team at Radiator on this project and we’re very happy with the finished product. It’s highly-attractive visually, but also a very accessible and functional website to navigate, which was important to us – we must ‘sell the story’ but also make it as simple as possible for donors to engage with us. The design-and-build process was truly collaborative and the enthusiasm for the project from everyone at Radiator really shone through – again, this is reflected in the quality of the website and results.”
Graeme McLatchie, Senior Marketing Officer, Renfrewshire Council, Aug 2021